Government guidelines regarding Covid underpin all actions that we take. If your child is unwell please do not send them to school and inform the office of the reason for their absence by 08.30. Please note the schools covid policy is -
If your child has tested positive for Covid 19 please keep them at home for 5 days. They can return following 2 negative tests on consecutive days or day 10. Home school learning will be provided if the child is well enough.
Please see government guidance below
21 February the Government is:
- Removing the guidance for staff and students in most education and childcare settings to undertake twice weekly asymptomatic testing.
From 24 February the Government will:
- Remove the legal requirement to self-isolate following a positive test. Adults and children who test positive will continue to be advised to stay at home and avoid contact with other people for at least 5 full days and then continue to follow the guidance until they have received 2 negative test results on consecutive days.
- No longer ask fully vaccinated close contacts and those aged under 18 to test daily for 7 days, and remove the legal requirement for close contacts who are not fully vaccinated to self-isolate.
- End routine contact tracing. Contacts will no longer be required to self-isolate or advised to take daily tests.
- Revoke The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No. 3) Regulations.
LIVING WITH COVID PLANS IN PLACE
* We will ensure good hygiene for everyone Hand hygiene Frequent and thorough hand cleaning as regular practice.
* We will ensure that pupils clean their hands regularly. This can be done with soap and water or hand sanitiser.
* Respiratory hygiene The ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach continues to be very important.
* Maintain appropriate cleaning regimes, using standard products such as detergents
* We will maintain an appropriate cleaning schedule. This includes regular cleaning of areas and equipment (for example, twice per day), with a particular focus on frequently touched surfaces.